23 January 2018
Meeting with the Minister of Education, Youth and Sports
On Monday, January 22, 2018, the GEReSH-CAM Steering committee was received by H.E the Minister of Education, Hang Choun Naron at the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of Cambodia.
The delegation was composed of:
- Dr. THACH Joseph, Project Coordinator, Inalco - Langues O’
- Mr. BONG Sovath, Rector of RUFA, Royal University of Fine Arts
- Mr. CHET Chealy, Rector of RUPP, Royal University of Phnom Penh,
- Mr. SIENG Sovanna, Director of NIE, National Institute of Education
- Mr. SOURIS Marc, Representative of Institut de recherche pour le développement (IRD) in Cambodia
Ms. REIGNEY Frédérique, Attachée for scientific and university cooperation at the Ambassade de France au Cambodge, Mr. SAMEDY SIvathana, Under-Secretary of State at the Ministry of Education, and Mr. PERRAUDEAU Yves, Senior Advisor of the Minister of Education, also participated in the discussion.
This meeting enabled fruitful debate about the ongoing university cooperation projects led by INALCO with its partner institutions in Cambodia, namely Projet Manusastra and GEReSH-CAM.
The Minister stated that both projects are in line with the Ministry’s policy and reaffirmed his support to the GEReSH-CAM Project, in particular for the creation of an interuniversity Research Centre in Humanities.
He thanked INALCO, IRD and other European partners for their cooperation in this project.
This encounter was very positive and promising for the future of the project.
The GEReSH-CAM project is co-funded by the Erasmus + programme of the European Union.