Royal University of Fine Arts (RUFA) - Cambodia
RUFA is under the supervision of the Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts. RUFA is also one of the oldest higher education institution in Cambodia. Originally, RUFA was known as the School of Khmer Arts which opened in 1917 in the former work-shop of the Royal Palace.
Since 1965, RUFA comprises five faculties: the Faculty of Archaeology, the Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism, the Faculty of Dance, the Faculty of Music and the Faculty of Plastic Arts. Since its reopening in 1989, after the fall of the Khmer Rouge, RUFA has trained 2647 graduates who currently work to preserve and develop culture in Cambodia.
The three main missions of the Royal University of Fine Arts are:
1. To train young generations of artists, architects and archaeologists
2. To carry out research in the field of culture and art with the aim of expanding knowledge through new explorations and modern technology
3. To maintain talents and encourage innovation in the field of culture and fine arts for education.
RUFA’s objectives are to participate in the preservation of different forms and expressions of art and culture, to supervise the experts and to participate in the development of the country.
RUFA has a Centre for Cultural and Scientific Research working on the documentation and development of the research activities of the Khmer culture. Its main mission is to assist RUFA in the implementation of its policies. However, teachers and students are not trained in the methodologies of research and project writing.
The role of RUFA in the project:
RUFA will work in synergy with RUPP, NIE, MoEYS and MCFA along with the following activities:
- Production of a detailed guide of practices in the field of research and innovation with a specific focus on human sciences and language didactics.
- Creation of an interuniversity research center in human sciences
- Reflections for the establishment of a doctoral school
RUFA will participate in the realization and the follow-up of the whole project via the pilot committee and the monitoring committee.
Visit the website of the Royal University of Fine Arts: www.rufa.edu.kh