1 February 2018
Workshop on developing research capacity in social sciences and humanities
The workshop on “Developing Research Capacity in Social Sciences and Humanities” is the first of a series of workshops conducted in the context of the GEReSH-CAM project.
Date: 12 - 16 March 2018 (5 days)
Place: Center for Khmer Studies (CKS) in Siem Reap, Cambodia
This workshop will focus on the roles of Humanities and Social Sciences in the development of knowledge and societies while taking into account the contributions of traditional knowledge. Participants will discuss the modalities of collaboration and share ideas about the establishment and the structure of an inter-university Research Center which will focus on strengthening research capacity and promoting higher education in social sciences.
The speakers and participants in this workshop are from a wide range of fields from Cambodia, France, and the USA. This workshop, and those to come, expect to establish a strong link among training, research and professions to address short and long-term needs of the country while meeting the requirements of global scientific quality in social sciences.
Specifically, this first workshop expects to identify the available local and international forces that will be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively not only for setting up a research centre, but also for participating in future projects. It will also serve as an opportunity for those who wish to start or continue their research to plan their professional career development and to identify or confirm needs for upcoming workshops.
Coffee breaks will be offered by the project.
On the Wednesday, a fieldtrip visit to Koh Ker with a specialist in History of Art and Archeology will guide us through the temples site. Free entrance for all participants (Cambodian and foreigners). However, transportation and meals will be at the charge of the participants. Transportation fees can be paid during registration on the first day (Monday 12th March).
• Registration is required before 1st March 2018 at: https://gereshcam.wufoo.com/forms/r1x6in6i12dtalq/
• For any question, please contact Joseph Thach, Project Coordinator: email@example.com
• Download the Booklet
• Download practical information:
• Download the poster:
Organisers of the workshop:
• Center for Khmer Studies (CKS)
• Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (IRD)
• Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales (INALCO)
• Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts (MCFA)
• Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports (MoEYS)
• National Institute of Education (NIE)
• Royal University of Fine Arts (RUFA)
• Royal University of Phnom Penh (RUPP)